Thursday, February 19, 2015

Carrots Carbonara

Carrots Carbonara.
 Carrots are one of my favourite vegetables. They're inexpensive (especially as far as Organics go,) and can dance seamlessly between sweet or savoury dishes.

Carrot sticks and grated carrots make regular appearances in my kitchen - they're great on their own and are a perfect addition to smoothies, salads, or meat sauces.  Carrot ribbons, however, had never before been part of my repertoire  - that is, until I stumbled upon this recipe by Grok Grub that had me thinking "wow that pasta looks amazing," and then "THAT'S NOT PASTA?" No, it's not pasta, it's CARROTS - they're crunchy, bright orange, and great for your eyes. 

Carrot ribbons.
Once you've peeled your carrots into ribbons and cooked your bacon, this recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, so it's perfect for dinner on a busy evening. I peeled the carrots in the morning and had them in the fridge covered with a damp paper towel until I needed to add them to the pan. 

You could serve this with a side salad, a pork chop, or on its own. If you're vegan, simply swap the bacon with sundried tomatoes and you're good to go. The portion is perfect for two people, or as a side dish for four - we even ended up with some leftovers that microwaved well for a snack the next day.


Get the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment