Monday, February 16, 2015

Warm Winter Quiche

The final product:
winter quiche and greens
How perfect is Quiche?
It’s full of protein, super versatile and it reheats well – I would consider it a fridge staple.
I feel that most people see Quiche as a Spring or Summer dish, but it’s amazing served with a side of greens on a chilly Winter evening. In most cases, all you need are a few pantry staples. Flour, oil, eggs, milk and salt are the perfect backdrop for any flavour combination. Any blend of vegetables, herbs, meat or cheese will do. Whether you want to get creative or just use up what's left in the fridge, Quiche is the answer.
Prepping some of my ingredients:
baby kale, shredded oak, eggs, garlic.

I haven’t seen this much snow on the ground in years. Of course it's snowed, but it hasn't stayed the way it has this year. This Winter feels like the real deal. I’ve been in total hibernation mode and that is being echoed in my kitchen, so I created a Warm Winter Quiche with wilted greens to amp up my energy level. Kale, Swiss Chard and Spinach are the stars of this dish, but the pan-roasted garlic and melted Oka had my kitchen smelling warm and inviting.
Toss some mixed greens with a little olive oil, salt and pepper while your Quiche is cooling. Pour yourself (and your guests) a glass of wine. Now, your Quiche is ready to slice and serve. Enjoy!


Get the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment