Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kale & White Bean Soup

Dinner is served.
Happy Monday! It's cold, isn't it? As it gets closer to March, I start to itch for Spring. This is not unlike most people, but I'm not into Winter sports and cabin fever is catching up. I'm dying for the light, crisp meals that mild weather brings, but I'm also in need of a warm up. As with most of life's dilemmas, Martha Stewart has the answer, and she offered up a delicious Kale & White Bean Soup. It feels like a Winter meal without all the heaviness.                              

I realize this is my second kale-related post, and I think it's important to mention that it is a coincidence - I'm not obsessed with kale. A while back I was loving it sautéed with lemon, garlic and butter, until I found a caterpillar in my dinner. Although I've been trying to be less intimidated by bugs, especially considering food is grown in dirt, the experience put me off salad for a while. It seems I've come back to kale with a vengeance.
A big pot of vitamins.



This recipe is so simple; with just 6 ingredients, the only hassle is remembering to soak your beans overnight. You could serve this like Martha, with a big piece of crusty bread, or like me, with shaved parmesan and a sprig of fresh parsley. Yum.

Get the recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment